francesco sorce death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

francesco sorce death

Post by lindamauer »

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... g=en&i=290

Please translate- is this october 1879? day?

Thanks
Linda
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: francesco sorce death

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death No 225 – Francesco Sorce
Registered in Mussomeli on 16 October 1869

Appearing were Antonino Mistretta, son of the deceased Vincenzo, 60 yo, Villico, and Sebastiano Giardina, son of deceased Vincenzo, 43 yo, living in this town. They reported and testified that at 4 am today, Francesco Sorce, died in the house he lived in this town. He was the widower of Marianna Scaduto, 50 yo, a Pastore (shepherd) born and living in Mussomeli, and the son of the deceased Biagio, also a Pastore, and of the deceased Rita Mancuso, a Volgare living herein, when living.

Volgare (a person of low socio economic standing)

I knew this sounded familiar. Please note that you have already asked for this record to be translated before: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... re#p347556

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: francesco sorce death

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Linda.

It is 1869.

sessanta - sixty
settanta - seventy

(I remember when I was little and my father was teaching me my numbers I initially got sessanta and settanta mixed up.)

Angela
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: francesco sorce death

Post by lindamauer »

Hello Angela,
I am sorry to duplicate.
Sometimes i go in circles when i do not fill in missing pieces of information. I should also make notes regarding incorrect records found.
Thank much
Linda
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: francesco sorce death

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

No worries, Linda. It happens. A good idea is to always check on the Forum first. Just click on Quick Links, scroll down to "Search" and then type in the name/s that you are interested in.

Take care,
Angela
lindamauer
Master
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49

Re: francesco sorce death

Post by lindamauer »

Hello Angela,
Thanks for your kindness.
I did not know about quick links
i will definitely utilize that.
Hope you have a great week
Best
Linda
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: francesco sorce death

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

8)

Best to you too and enjoy using the search tool.

Angela
Post Reply