GIUFFRE

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

My great grandfather Giuseppe was married to a Rosaria Vazzana though. he came in the early 1900's too. i'll have to dig through here and find the exact date. he travelled with an Amodeo (last name)...

I'll get back to you on that, but if you look through all of this i think it's in there somewhere. Is your last name Giuffre?
DJ
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

280 Queen St was where my grandfather was headed
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by nuccia »

Several Giuffre's were living on Queen, Chestnut and College Streets. I provided DJ with many yet there were several more...Spent several days working on the various names and spellings. The earlier posts include the manifest with addresses...DJ, do you still have the other info I PM'd you with? Maybe that will help Tricia??

Hopefully you two may be able to help each other now...let us know if we can help any.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

Nuccia, long time! I hope all is well?

Yeah the stuff you PM'd me is, i think, Giuseppe's brother's wife and kids. They both married into the Vazzana (different Vazzana fathers - brothers) family apparently. This was Francesco Eduardo Giuffre's family. I think they stayed in the US.

Cheers,
DJ
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

BTW, i'm almost positive that Giuffre Auto based in Chicago (the late-Leonardo Giuffre started it up) is close family. I think that that Leo and my grandfather Leonardo were first-born males and first cousins from the Giuffre family.
DJ
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by nuccia »

DJay75 wrote:Nuccia, long time! I hope all is well?

Yeah the stuff you PM'd me is, i think, Giuseppe's brother's wife and kids. They both married into the Vazzana (different Vazzana fathers - brothers) family apparently. This was Francesco Eduardo Giuffre's family. I think they stayed in the US.

Cheers,
DJ
Hi DJ,

Other than life's ups and downs things are good...hope all is well with you, too.

I'm glad to hear you are making progress in your research. Have you been in contact with your relatives in Chicago? If so, have they been able to provide you with any help? How about documents? Were you able to get any?

Keep us posted...always nice to hear from our members. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

No , i sent one to the dealership last week. nothing back yet...we'll see.

i'll keep you posted!

DJ
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

update on my Giuffre family tree...
Giuffre Family Tree[/url]
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by nuccia »

Hey DJ,

Happy New Year! Its great to hear from you again!

Looks like you've been busy. Glad it seems to be working out. Keep us posted and let us know if theres anything else we can do for you!

Hugs
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

Thanks Nuccia!

Happy New Year to you as well! I always thought you were a guy...I'm assuming you're not now?

Hugs to you as well!

DJ
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by nuccia »

Well, no I'm not nor have I ever been one.. (To the best of my knowledge anyway)

But thanks for the laugh.. :lol: :lol:

Now thats two funny things that happened to me today..

For the record....Here's what I normally look like....
http://irish.genealogyforum.eu/index.ph ... =1163#1163


Hope this clears up any mis conceptions out there... :wink:
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

haha. very cool. the picture is tiny, but i'm pretty sure i see long hair. do you have Irish blood as well?
Thanks!

DJ
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by nuccia »

No DJ,

I am a full blooded Italian..Calabrese actually and yes..long hair. Perhaps I need to put my pic back up..time to change the avatar...What do you think? :idea:

Think you may have to post yours too..just to keep things equal. :P

Ok, we're off topic here but since it is your thread I guess its ok. :lol: :lol:

Time for a power nap before the kids get home from school....
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: GIUFFRE

Post by DJay75 »

haha. yes put it back up.

sleep well nuccia.

DJ
Post Reply