Dual Citizen ship, its confusing me.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Dual Citizen ship, its confusing me.

Post by mler »

Sorry, I'm back so late. Unfortunately, I don't think you qualify, Steven. Your greatgrandfather, Frank, was a minor when his father naturalized, and since Frank was born in Italy, his father's naturalization covered him as well.

Technically, Frank never renounced citizenship on his own behalf, but according to the law at the time, a father could do so on behalf of himself and his minor children.
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Dual Citizen ship, its confusing me.

Post by misbris »

Is this your Innocenzo?


First Name: Innocenzo
Last Name: Dilenge
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Grassano
Date of Arrival: Apr 19, 1905
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Vaderland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0015
User avatar
StevenSpringer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Dual Citizen ship, its confusing me.

Post by StevenSpringer »

misbris wrote:Is this your Innocenzo?


First Name: Innocenzo
Last Name: Dilenge
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Grassano
Date of Arrival: Apr 19, 1905
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Vaderland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0015
yes that is my Innocenzo, I think he went back because a month earlier i believe he came here too
User avatar
StevenSpringer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Dual Citizen ship, its confusing me.

Post by StevenSpringer »

misbris wrote:Is this your Innocenzo?


First Name: Innocenzo
Last Name: Dilenge
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Grassano
Date of Arrival: Apr 19, 1905
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Vaderland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0015
yes that is my Innocenzo, I think he went back because a month earlier i believe he came here too
User avatar
pizzaman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 00:00
Location: Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Contact:

Re: Dual Citizen ship, its confusing me.

Post by pizzaman »

I'm your cousin. get back to me and I'll bring you up to date on all of them. Pictures,etc.
PS; Are you related to Jerry Springer? If you are, I disavow any knowlege of your existance!!



Al DiLenge
Post Reply