Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by BillieDeKid »

You guys are rockin'!!!!!!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by Biff83 »

misbris wrote:This is how Ellis Island transcribes the mother's name. She leaves a father Vincenzo in Italy and is going to husband Giuseppi Pasqualetto in Jersey City. I t is 133, but I can't make out the street.

First Name: Cronfina
Last Name: Gianbuzzo
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: ...
Date of Arrival: Oct 10, 1913
Age at Arrival: 44y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Italia
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0004

Mary Jo
I checked surnames for Riesi and looks like the surname is probably Giambusso.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by vj »

Hey Mary Jo, Elizabeth & Biff, I’ll give it a shot too!

Mary Jo's 1913 manifest find:
Best guesses

Lines 4-7
?? Giambusso 44?
- last residence Riesi
- in Riesi, father Vincenzo
- joining husband Giuseppe Pasqualetto at 133 Brunswick St
- born in Riesi
children
Crocifissa? Pasqualetto 18
Giuseppa? Pasqualetto 14?
Vincenzo Pasqualetto 9 (abt 1904)
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by misbris »

I thought it looked like S on the manifest. And her name is probably Crosifissa (sp?) What do you think?
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by misbris »

We crossed on Crosifissa. (Ha) I wonder how it is spelled? Anyway, Grandma and grandaughter are probably the Tessies on the census.

Mary Jo
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hey vj,

I just came back to this thread. It was misbris's (Mary Jo's) find on the manifest not me. But thanks!!!!

Elizabeth
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by vj »

Hey Mary Jo :D !
My apologies!

I hope some of these names turn out to be
familiar, there are a bunch of LoGiudice folks
in Jersey City...

Valarie
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by misbris »

Quite all right Valarie. We are all working together. Now if cpnj can verify this info, we'll be fine.
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by misbris »

I checked the spelling it is CROCIFISSA.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by vj »

Lo Giudice

from Biff: On the 1930 census you just posted check out
the family beginning on line 26: Peter LoGiudice and family!


May be an unrelated family!
Just couldn’t resist :wink:
3 brothers? At 33 Emerson Ave

Note: 33 Emerson Avenue is the address of the Pasqualetto family
on the 1930 census (back on pg 1)

1917 Pietro WWI Draft Registration Card
Pietro Lo Giudice
33 Emerson Ave
Born 7 Jan 1894 in Riesi
Labor, steel laundry
Support Mother & Father in Italy
Single

1917 Salvatore WWI Draft Registration Card
Salvatore Lo Giudice
333 (prob 33) Emerson Ave
Born 25 Dec 1895 in Riesi
Single

1918 Alex WWI Draft Registration Card
Alessandro? Lo Giudice
33 Emerson Ave
Born 15 Mar 1897 in Riesi
Father born in Riesi
Nearest relative brother Pietro (at same address)
---

Manifest with destination of 33 Emerson Avenue
January 1920 manifest
page 2
Lines 4-6
Angelo Lo Giudice 58, barber
- last residence Riesi
- wife in Riesi, Angela? Riccobene
(not the same name as the 1921 manifest with Angelo & Gaetana)
- joining son Pietro at 33 Emerson Ave
- born in Riesi
(Grand?) children
Maria Rosaria 14
Rosalia 17
- relative in Riesi, grandmother Angela? Riccobene
- both joining brother Pietro
---

Two weeks after 1920 manifest (above),
1920 census
Home in 1920:
66 Wallis Ave
Jersey City Ward 10, Hudson, New Jersey
head Peter Logiudice 25
wife Isabella Logiudice 18
father Angelo Logiudice 56
brother Alex Logiudice 23
sister Rosalie Logiudice 17
sister Sadie Logiudice 15
User avatar
cpnj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by cpnj »

To All That Have Helped Me:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I have some checking out to do since I am currecntly living in Bayonne I will go over to the Jersey City libary and Hall of Records nad see if any of this checks out. I will let you all know what I find out ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!
OH BY THE WAY CROCIFISSA means crucifix in Italian and it translates to Tessie in english.I know this because that is my aunts name.
User avatar
cpnj
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ

Post by cpnj »

Greetings All SORRY for taking so long to get back to you all The 1930 Census that yoou found may be right I am just waiting for my mother to find some of my fathers papers as she just moved and evyerthing is in boxes. She rembembers my father saying he grew up on Emerson Ave. but she does not know of any older sister that did not surive. As for my grandmothers family "LoGudice" Nobody knows nothing at all so I kinda hit a brick wall with that one. Thanks for all the help once again I will post something when I know more :D
Post Reply