website technical question

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
dvaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Minneapolis, MN

website technical question

Post by dvaccaro »

as of yesterday, i have been unable to access this site using Safari from my laptop computer. it used to work fine, but now i get a screen that says "Unknown user-agent" "You are banned from this site due to an unknown user-agent."

?!

it seems i am able to enter the site using other browsers (i.e. Firefox) on the laptop and from other computers using Safari (as i am right now).

can anyone help me figure out why this is happening?

thanks.

dvaccaro
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: website technical question

Post by nuccia »

This happened on my site as well ..

I think there may have been an update done which blocked safari users for a while. It may come back up in a day or so. I know the server here has had some issues and Edmondo is still trying to sort things out.

I'm sure he'll update us as he knows more.

Is anyone else having this same problem?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
Posts: 778
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: website technical question

Post by Edmondo »

I think I solved the problem but I can not test it :-)

Let me know if it works now.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
dvaccaro
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: website technical question

Post by dvaccaro »

working here (thank you!)... not working over at Gente di Mare, Nuccia!
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: website technical question

Post by nuccia »

Ok..I know whats wrong and Edmondo has explained how to fix it. I will try in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Post Reply