These are the "V" towns in Palermo Province
Valledolmo, Ventimiglia di Sicilia, Vicari, Villabate, Villafrati.
Frazioni...
There is also a village called "Verdi," that belongs to the comune of Petralia Soprana.
Also the village of "Villaciambra" belonging to the town of Monreale.
There are also 2 villages with the name "Villagrazia", one belongs to the city of Palermo, and one belongs to the town of Carini.
Also belonging to the city of Palermo is a village named "Villamaio."
The village of "Villaurea" belongs to the comune of Termini Imerese
T.
Latona from Campofelice
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Where are the parents' names Salvatore and Santa coming from?
Another user on ancestry.com has her as a child of Pasquale Latona & Giuseppa Gennuso of Valledolmo but I'm not seeing a birth for her here either. The births for 1885 are not completely indexed but I just checked the rest of the year page-by-page and she's not there. The couple does have a suspicious gap in their children between 1883 - 1887 but it doesn't seem to be someone that was registered in Valledolmo if they had a kid in 1885ish.
Looking at the blurry obituary again I could be convinced that the first letter is an N or an M, just to add some options.
Another user on ancestry.com has her as a child of Pasquale Latona & Giuseppa Gennuso of Valledolmo but I'm not seeing a birth for her here either. The births for 1885 are not completely indexed but I just checked the rest of the year page-by-page and she's not there. The couple does have a suspicious gap in their children between 1883 - 1887 but it doesn't seem to be someone that was registered in Valledolmo if they had a kid in 1885ish.
Looking at the blurry obituary again I could be convinced that the first letter is an N or an M, just to add some options.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Latona from Campofelice
For what its worth, there is a long list of Ellis Island immigrants named Riscili from Vicari.
Parker
Parker
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Latona from Campofelice
I don't know if this information is already available,
This Find-A-Grave link connects to the burials of Paolina and Joseph, as well as their 8 children. The clear origin for both is "Vicari, Città Metropolitana di Palermo, Sicilia, Italy". It seems to indicate that they were married in 1905.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/112 ... ph-riscili
Perhaps some document search (marriage, death certificate) in the USA will provide additional data. I don't have time to work on this right now, I'll check back in a few days.
Parker
This Find-A-Grave link connects to the burials of Paolina and Joseph, as well as their 8 children. The clear origin for both is "Vicari, Città Metropolitana di Palermo, Sicilia, Italy". It seems to indicate that they were married in 1905.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/112 ... ph-riscili
Perhaps some document search (marriage, death certificate) in the USA will provide additional data. I don't have time to work on this right now, I'll check back in a few days.
Parker
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Latona from Campofelice
OK, just one more document, and have fun puzzling this out!!
Naturalization for Joseph Riscili - these four children align with those shown at the Find-A-Grave site.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
Good luck!!
Parker
Naturalization for Joseph Riscili - these four children align with those shown at the Find-A-Grave site.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ction=view
Good luck!!
Parker
- parkergambino
- Elite

- Posts: 327
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28
Re: Latona from Campofelice
Oops! My bad, I must retract my previous post. Children do NOT align as I said. That's what happens when working too late!! Should have quit while I was ahead.
Parker
Parker
