Nocarro? Name change in Italy?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
SaeedaSaeed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Jun 2019, 20:15

Nocarro? Name change in Italy?

Post by SaeedaSaeed »

I was searching my direct maternal line, which we though was Deluca (my nona), then DiRocco (my grandanona). I found relatives (via DNA testing) who also have records that show the surname DiRocco for this generation I'm talking about. However, my aunt remembers being told my grandanona's surname was Nocarro. I looked up Nocarro on even Italian websites, and can't find anything. I know my Italian relatives on both sides married people who came from outside of Italy (so I have Arab and Balkan origins too), so I was wondering if anyone had information on thr surname Nocarro. Is this an Italian surname? If not, I'm thonkijg they changed their surname to DiRocco at some point. Thank you all in advance for your help!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Nocarro? Name change in Italy?

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I know that was some NACARRO but no Nocarro..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply