I would need to bother you with some minutes of your time to ask for a favour, basically: I need help finding my AVO's birth record.
My italian AVO was born in Pietrabbondante, his name was: Vincenzo D'onofrio (usually written as /d/ Onofrio, son of:
Giuseppe D'onofrio and
"Albuccia" Di Salvo (sopranominata: "Domenica", and here in Argentina called: Maria) - It's intrincate because in Argentina her mother was labeled Maria, and in some records added a "Dominga", spanish version of Domenica in Italia /
My research told me the following info about my AVO (Vincenzo):
- He born in Italia, then moved to Argentina, where he got married, had my grandmother and later on died.
- He should have born between 1878 and 1880
- He might have come to Argentina with his parents sometime before 1895.
- He could have a brother called: Palmerino D'onofrio, born in 1877.
- His relatives information (parents, brothers, grandfathers) is synthesized in the image below
The only records I could, to support the investigation, were these:
- Birth Record: Palmerino D'onofrio: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 1tvqV7eZoU
- Vicenzo's Parents Marriage record: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... FVU_l5SCcg
- Vicenzo's Parents Marriage "Pubblicazioni": http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 2TrO4TC4qs
Also I've tried to send and email to the comune of Pietrabbondante, asking both:
- My AVO birth record, and
- his parents record (which I knew in advance were there thanks to Antenati, links I shared to the comune, as well the images...)
However...
- On the first email, they answered me really quick and told me +/-: "There isn't any record"
- Then I reply to ask kindly a 2nd time, and they told me: "We got the marriage record, but we couldn't found any record of Vincenzo D'onofrio for those parents..."
I don't know where should I ask?
- Is there some place I could research about parish records?
- Is someone I could ask for help?
My biggest theories are
1. Maybe he was just recorded in a nearby church
2. Maybe he was born while his parents were working in a nearby town Pietrab.
All in all in on a dead end
FYI: There is one Vincenzo D'onofrio on the Antenatti records
Vincenzo ONOFRIO (not d'Onofrio), born in Pietrabbondante on Feb. 5th, 1881, son of Nicolamaria and of Modestina Santangelo.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!

