children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
oompah
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 Jul 2020, 18:33

children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Post by oompah »

Maria Giovanne Ambra married Giuseppe Marzullo in Marigliano on 12 May 1844.
I am trying to find any children they may have had. I have tried the records of
Marigliano and even Somma Vesuviano where Giuseppe was born but have come up empty.
Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you, Mike
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Post by Tessa78 »

For reference purposes, here is the marriage in 1844.
Giuseppe was born in Somma, residing in Marigliano. Father deceased, mother residing in Somma
Maria was born in Marigliano.
page 28
https://www.antenati.san.beniculturali. ... s_id=37092

T.
oompah
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 Jul 2020, 18:33

Re: children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Post by oompah »

Thank you Tessa but the info I was looking for was about any children they had.
I do appreciate your effort. Thanks again. Mike
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Post by darkerhorse »

There's a family tree with two children listed (and their descendants) but their dates of birth - Maria Michaela (1878) and Philomena (1899) - don't fit a father born in 1810 and a couple married in 1844.

On the children's death certificates, their mother is listed as Maria Vulturulo/Valdarino, not Ambra. So there is some confusion.

I wouldn't trust this family tree without further research.

See:
Member Tree Name Parents
Larry Derrickson Family Tree
Public Member Tree
4 attached records, 5 sources GUISEPE (JOSEPH) MARZULLO
Birth: 1810 - Somma Vesuviana, Napoli, Campania, Italy
Marriage: 12 May 1844 - Marigliano, Napoli, Campania, Italy
Spouse: MARIA GIOVANNA AMBRA
F: FRANCESCO MARZULLO
M: CARMINA VITALE
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Post by Tessa78 »

oompah wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 17:21 Thank you Tessa but the info I was looking for was about any children they had.
I do appreciate your effort. Thanks again. Mike
Yes, I knew you were looking for children. :D
I was posting the information about Somma (Vesuviana) - where Giuseppe was born and where his mother still resided - suggesting a search in that comune as well.

T.
oompah
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 Jul 2020, 18:33

Re: children of Maria Giovanne Ambra

Post by oompah »

I will look into this. Thank you darkhorse for your time and energy it is much appreciated.
Mike
Post Reply