Hello everyone,
My name is Rachel Mancini, and I live in Chicago, Illinois. I have recently started researching my Italian roots and have come across this forum which is a great resource and community, so thank you in advance to anyone reading this!
I am trying to find out about my great-grandfather, Salvatore Di Benedetto, who was born around 1885–1890 in or near Termini Imerese, Sicily (Province of Palermo). He immigrated to the United States around 1905–1910, possibly coming via New York. Family lore says he worked as a barber and eventually settled in Pennsylvania before moving to Chicago.
Here's what I know so far:
His name: Salvatore Di Benedetto
Born: circa 1885–1890 in Sicily (possibly Termini Imerese)
Married: Maria Rosa (maiden name unknown)
Children: My grandfather Anthony Di Benedetto, born 1918 in the United States
There may have been a brother named Giuseppe who remained in Sicily
I've searched Ellis Island records but haven't found an exact match, the spelling of the surname may be different. I'm also not sure of the exact birth date or parents' names, which makes things difficult.
Looking for information about my great-grandfather from Sicily
Re: Looking for information about my great-grandfather from Sicily
Welcome!
A few more details please.
Where was Anthony born?
When did Salvatore die? And where?
Were there other children born to Salvatore and Maria Rosa?
Why do you believe he was from Termini Imerese?
T.
A few more details please.
Where was Anthony born?
When did Salvatore die? And where?
Were there other children born to Salvatore and Maria Rosa?
Why do you believe he was from Termini Imerese?
T.
Re: Looking for information about my great-grandfather from Sicily
When and where did Salvatore marry Maria Rosa?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל

