What's the Address Number?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

What's the Address Number?

Post by darkerhorse »

I need help reading the address number for line 33 in this 1925 NY State Census record.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: What's the Address Number?

Post by Tessa78 »

Based on numbers above and below...

I would say that the address is 2352 Chauncey.

T.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: What's the Address Number?

Post by darkerhorse »

That's what I was thinking but then I thought it might be 2362.

I'm trying to locate a photo of the building but neither address seems active anymore.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: What's the Address Number?

Post by Tessa78 »

There is a website that will bring up 1940 Tax Photos for NYC.
https://1940s.nyc/map#13.69/40.7093/-73.99397

When I entered 2352 Chauncey Street, this image came up.
You will need to do further study.
https://1940s.nyc/map/photo/nynyma_rec0 ... -73.907833

T.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: What's the Address Number?

Post by darkerhorse »

Thanks. Looks like a very helpful website. I wonder if addresses can repeat among boroughs. I don't see borough options in the search or borough identifications in the results. So, yes, I need further study.
Post Reply