http://www.tropeamagazine.it/notai/
I did a google search for a family name and came across this. It looks like it is from the archives of Vibo Valentia, but can someone tell me what Archivi Notarili means.
Calabrian website
Re: Calabrian website
Going to take a shot at this....my Italian is so-so.......
Archivi - Archive
Notarili - Notary
wldspirit
Archivi - Archive
Notarili - Notary
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Calabrian website
Poipuo,
What is your surname there? I found that same site 2 years ago and found useful info on one of my surnames (Scrugli). Found 2 long articles on Scrugli's there that look promising. I currently have a microfilm from Tropea from the LDS. If it would help you I can keep an eye out for your surname.
What is your surname there? I found that same site 2 years ago and found useful info on one of my surnames (Scrugli). Found 2 long articles on Scrugli's there that look promising. I currently have a microfilm from Tropea from the LDS. If it would help you I can keep an eye out for your surname.
Re: Calabrian website
Hi, Cathy,
Theses were the two entries with a family name (Insarda).
Insardà Cesare, 1793-1801, Insardà Domenico, 1751-1794, voll.37
Of course, I don't know who these people are. It is too far back for em right now. My Insarda family is from Feroletto della Chiesa, Reggio Calabria.
I did some reading and did find that notaries kept personal indicies of all of the documents that they prepared. I guess at some point when the notary died, these indicies would be given to the town and would serve as an index to their papers. I read about this in an Italian genealogy book. Right now, I am foggy on the details.
Theses were the two entries with a family name (Insarda).
Insardà Cesare, 1793-1801, Insardà Domenico, 1751-1794, voll.37
Of course, I don't know who these people are. It is too far back for em right now. My Insarda family is from Feroletto della Chiesa, Reggio Calabria.
I did some reading and did find that notaries kept personal indicies of all of the documents that they prepared. I guess at some point when the notary died, these indicies would be given to the town and would serve as an index to their papers. I read about this in an Italian genealogy book. Right now, I am foggy on the details.


