Search found 50 matches
- 25 Jul 2023, 00:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help to decipher town and province on record
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1244
Re: Help to decipher town and province on record
Thanks so very much! I would never have figured that out. Angela thanks for the record and erudita74 thanks for the explanation
- 24 Jul 2023, 01:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help to decipher town and province on record
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1244
Help to decipher town and province on record
Hello, I am trying to figure out the name of the comune and Province on this death record any help is appreciated. He was out of town when he died he was originally from Castel del Guidice. Help is greatly appreciated!
- 07 Mar 2023, 15:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to do an Italian cemetery interment search?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1944
Re: How to do an Italian cemetery interment search?
I was looking in Castelpetroso, Isernia; Ospadellato d’Alpino, Avellino; Calangianus, Sassari, Sardinia; Salsa Irpina, Avellino.
- 07 Mar 2023, 03:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to do an Italian cemetery interment search?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1944
How to do an Italian cemetery interment search?
I have used Find-a-grave and A Billion Graves to try to locate some family graves in Italy but there are not many available on these sites. So I wonder if anyone knows of any other way to see who is buried in these cemeteries in the small comunes. I tried using Google Earth and walking through the ...
- 07 Mar 2023, 02:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 979
Re: Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records
I'm sorry to just have seen your reply. Generoso Perullo had a grandson with the same name, who was born in 1895 in Castelpetroso, Molise and came to the USA in 1906 with his mother, Lucia Renna. He also lived in Pittsburgh his whole life, though he went by Tom so you might see some records for him ...
- 21 Dec 2022, 03:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2646
Re: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Thank you! I do have the full birth for Tommaso but it wouldn't let me upload both files last night for some reason. Maria, parents Gaetano and Dominica Bucci, got married in the 1862 and moved to Pizzoferato, so that can't be her & her parents. Looking more like another Maria born in 1837 to a ...
- 20 Dec 2022, 05:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2646
Italian record search advice on finding parents of nubile mother on birth record
Hello, trying to go back a maternal generation via a birth record of my friend's great grandfather Tommaso Sciulli born July 9, 1867 in Gamberale, Abruzzo. The birth record only lists the mother who is unmarried and lists the child's father as ignoto. The mother is Maria Sciulli who lists her own ...
- 09 Apr 2022, 23:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 979
Obtaining Emigration records or Italian Census Records
My 3x great grandfather, Generoso Perullo, brought my great grandmother to America in 1907 to join her father here in Pgh. He then seemed to disappear off the grid. Can't find him in the cemeteries here in Pgh, he is not on any US census, no passports records on NARA that I can find, I can't find ...
- 30 Mar 2022, 18:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding emigration records or Italian census
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1440
Finding emigration records or Italian census
My 2x great grandfather brought my great grandmother to America in 1907, her father was already here by then. He then seemed to disappear off the grid. Can't find him in the cemeteries here in Pgh, he is not on any US census, no passports records on NARA that I can find, I can't find him coming back ...
- 15 Mar 2022, 02:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How to get immigrants picture from Declaration of Intent?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1355
Re: How to get immigrants picture from Declaration of Intent?
Sent for a copy from USCIS hoping it is not the same copy I found on Ancestry. Hoping I get lucky. Thought someone on this site might have forged this road before. I read this on another site.
While it is possible to locate a photograph of the immigrant attached to the naturalization records, it is ...
While it is possible to locate a photograph of the immigrant attached to the naturalization records, it is ...
- 12 Mar 2022, 03:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How to get immigrants picture from Declaration of Intent?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1355
How to get immigrants picture from Declaration of Intent?
Never saw a picture of my great grandfather and he did not complete his citizenship so there is no Certificate which I know has the picture of the immigrant. However, I found his 1940 Declaration on Ancestry and it specifically says a picture was included but was not permitted on that copy. I read ...
- 18 Jan 2021, 01:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Handwriting translation on the record note - could use another to verify
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1029
Re: Handwriting translation on the record note - could use another to verify
Using the Julian calendar which is what I find is used in many record indexes through the 1800's, I thought the 5th month might be July. But maybe in this instance it actually is May?
- 16 Jan 2021, 22:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Handwriting translation on the record note - could use another to verify
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1029
Handwriting translation on the record note - could use another to verify
I have attached the marriage notation from a birth record and I am looking for another set of eyes. I see the wife's name as Maria Bascaloni and that the marriage took place in Napoli (Mercato) 1903. The B in Bascaloni is questionable and the marriage date, it looks like 23 - 5 1903 or July 5, 1903?
- 04 Jan 2021, 23:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 1903 Marriage Records - Mercato
- Replies: 2
- Views: 853
Re: 1903 Marriage Records - Mercato
Thank you!
- 31 Dec 2020, 02:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 1903 Marriage Records - Mercato
- Replies: 2
- Views: 853
1903 Marriage Records - Mercato
Does anyone know where I might locate 1903 Marriage records for Mercato, a section of Naples? I see the marriage vital records online for Mercato end at 1865. I did send an email to as-na@beniculturali.it, but thought someone might have some info.