Looking for help untangling a NYC genealogy mystery involving Maddalena Mangini, Carlo/Fortunato Bevilacqua, and Luigi Malva/Malvey.
Documented timeline:
• c. 1877, Italy: Maria Maddalena Mangini, daughter of Giuseppe Mangini and Vittoria Arata.
• Jan. 1881, Italy: Maddalena marries Carlo ...
Search found 16 matches
- 21 Sep 2026, 15:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bevilacqua/Mangini/Malve
- Replies: 0
- Views: 707
- 10 Aug 2026, 14:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bevilacqua/Mangini/Malva Mystery - Cicagna, Genoa, Liguria - Family Branch
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4890
Re: Bevilacqua/Mangini/Malva Mystery - Cicagna, Genoa, Liguria - Family Branch
I do believe you are right! Thank you so much for this, at least I have an address for them now! At some point Carlo dies early on and she remarries a Luigi Malva. I haven’t been able to locate these records at all. Birth, marriage or death. It’s as if he just exists as a name in some documents.
- 09 Aug 2026, 04:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bevilacqua/Mangini/Malva Mystery - Cicagna, Genoa, Liguria - Family Branch
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4890
Bevilacqua/Mangini/Malva Mystery - Cicagna, Genoa, Liguria - Family Branch
I’m hoping someone with experience in Ligurian genealogy can point me in the right direction.
For years, all I knew about my 2nd great-grandmother was that Maria Maddalena Mangini died in Brooklyn in 1915. Her daughter, Rose Malva, and later her son Angelo’s death certificate both identify their ...
For years, all I knew about my 2nd great-grandmother was that Maria Maddalena Mangini died in Brooklyn in 1915. Her daughter, Rose Malva, and later her son Angelo’s death certificate both identify their ...
- 25 Mar 2025, 16:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rivelo Transcription
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1046
Rivelo Transcription
Hi all, Can someone help me transcribe the name of the third entry down on this Rivelo? It looks like Jarlo. Is that accurate? Is it shorthand for Giancarlo? Thanks in advance!
- 10 Sep 2024, 21:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Reading a Surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1492
Re: Help Reading a Surname
This is fascinating and would explain a lot! Thank you so much for your incredibly fast work! I truly appreciate your willingness to help.
- 09 Sep 2024, 01:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Reading a Surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1492
Re: Help Reading a Surname
Thank you for this. It's been a mystery plaguing my genealogical research for over 10 years. I had given up on it to focus on other areas of the tree, but recently returned to focus on it. The constant spelling changes have been a real obstacle for me. I'll pursue the last name Olitto and see what I ...
- 08 Sep 2024, 02:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Reading a Surname
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1492
Help Reading a Surname
I need help reading the maiden name of Michaelangelo Giuseppe Santoro's mother. I see her first name is Maria, but I cannot make out her surname. I know she was Italian. I have included the copy of their marriage record as well to try and cross reference. Anyone able to help?
- 18 Jan 2024, 21:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Research Resources
- Replies: 0
- Views: 15684
Research Resources
I am at a point in my research where I’ve gone as far back as I can with my Sicilian side (most branches stretch to the 1500s). I have exhausted the Agrigento parish records for Burgio and Racalmuto of their baptism, marriage and death information, but now I really want to dig deeper, if possible. I ...
- 28 Nov 2023, 20:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Request!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 16363
Help Request!
Hi all,
I’m at my wits end with this search so I am turning to all of you for help. I am looking for information on my 3X Great Grandparents, Giuseppe Santoro (b. 1844) and his wife Maria Iosco/a (b. 1854, d. 1907) and at every turn I hit a dead end. I’m also hitting a dead end on my 2X Great ...
I’m at my wits end with this search so I am turning to all of you for help. I am looking for information on my 3X Great Grandparents, Giuseppe Santoro (b. 1844) and his wife Maria Iosco/a (b. 1854, d. 1907) and at every turn I hit a dead end. I’m also hitting a dead end on my 2X Great ...
- 21 Nov 2023, 19:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Santoro Record Help
- Replies: 1
- Views: 651
Giuseppe Santoro Record Help
Hi all,
I'm looking for help locating Italian records for my ancestor Giuseppe Santoro. He was born in 1844 somewhere in Bari, Puglia. I am having the worst time locating records for his birth, baptism, marriage to Maria Tosca or immigration to the USA. If anyone can help in this endeavor I would ...
I'm looking for help locating Italian records for my ancestor Giuseppe Santoro. He was born in 1844 somewhere in Bari, Puglia. I am having the worst time locating records for his birth, baptism, marriage to Maria Tosca or immigration to the USA. If anyone can help in this endeavor I would ...
- 21 Nov 2023, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Port of Naples Arrivals
- Replies: 1
- Views: 516
Port of Naples Arrivals
Hi all,
Does anyone know where to find records of ships leaving from NY and arriving to the Port of Naples? My ancestors travelled back and forth quite a bit and Ellis Island only has their arrivals. I'm trying to establish how long they were in Italy for each period.
Thanks in advance!
Does anyone know where to find records of ships leaving from NY and arriving to the Port of Naples? My ancestors travelled back and forth quite a bit and Ellis Island only has their arrivals. I'm trying to establish how long they were in Italy for each period.
Thanks in advance!
- 09 Nov 2023, 16:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: Malva
- Replies: 1
- Views: 564
Surname: Malva
Ciao tutti,
I am wondering if anyone on here is familiar with or has ancestors with the surname Malva? My great-great grandmother had this surname and I can't find any record of her or her relatives. It doesn't seem to be a common surname, but I believe she either came from the Puglia/ Basilicata ...
I am wondering if anyone on here is familiar with or has ancestors with the surname Malva? My great-great grandmother had this surname and I can't find any record of her or her relatives. It doesn't seem to be a common surname, but I believe she either came from the Puglia/ Basilicata ...
- 27 Oct 2023, 17:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Santoro/Santore/Santre
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5628
Re: Santoro/Santore/Santre
Responses to the Census actually contradict that Giuseppe Santoro was ever naturalized. It's a mess.
- 26 Oct 2023, 15:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Last Name: Malva & Bevilacqua
- Replies: 3
- Views: 944
Re: Looking for Last Name: Malva & Bevilacqua
Good morning,
I have her on the NYS 1905 Census and the Federal 1910 census. She was born in 1881 and died in 1915. I would love to find a birth certificate for her or even immigration paperwork for her parents.
Seems like she lived in Manhattan for her whole life.
I have her on the NYS 1905 Census and the Federal 1910 census. She was born in 1881 and died in 1915. I would love to find a birth certificate for her or even immigration paperwork for her parents.
Seems like she lived in Manhattan for her whole life.
- 26 Oct 2023, 15:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Santoro/Santore/Santre
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5628
Santoro/Santore/Santre
I am looking for information about my 3x great - grandfather. His name was Giuseppe (Joseph) Santoro. He was born in 1844 somewhere in Puglia, Italy. At some point his children all took on derivations of the name including Santre, Santore and on some records Santora.
I am specifically interested in ...
I am specifically interested in ...