Search found 25 matches
- 19 Feb 2018, 21:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: New York City - Court Ordering Help/Info/Resources
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2971
New York City - Court Ordering Help/Info/Resources
Currently, I only need to obtain a few last documents towards my Dual-Citizenship application. One of the last documents I need to obtain is my Grandmothers Birth Certificate from New York City. She divorced my Grandfather in the late 70s, remarried in the 90s, and passed away around 1999, in ...
- 16 Jan 2018, 18:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: help! jure sanguinis questions from a tired researcher!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4458
Re: help! jure sanguinis questions from a tired researcher!
Question for "mler":
My Grandfather is still alive and living in San Diego, CA. He was born in the 30s in Queens, NY. After looking at the Birth Certificate website you've linked to, it basically says he can order his Birth Certificate online since he's the one on the document. But, on the ...
My Grandfather is still alive and living in San Diego, CA. He was born in the 30s in Queens, NY. After looking at the Birth Certificate website you've linked to, it basically says he can order his Birth Certificate online since he's the one on the document. But, on the ...
- 13 Dec 2017, 19:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3814
Re: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
Thanks Cristina, I never thought of that. What was your process for petitioning? Who did you speak with about getting that done, and what were the costs involved?
- 04 Dec 2017, 19:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Census Records - Illinois, 1920
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1396
Re: Census Records - Illinois, 1920
Thanks Biff,
I've already used FamilySearch and Ancestry previously and have come up empty handed. I didn't know if there was any other resources I could utilize for this type of search. I found plenty of info post-1940 including my GGGF Death Certificate in Westchester, NY. But there is still a ...
I've already used FamilySearch and Ancestry previously and have come up empty handed. I didn't know if there was any other resources I could utilize for this type of search. I found plenty of info post-1940 including my GGGF Death Certificate in Westchester, NY. But there is still a ...
- 04 Dec 2017, 16:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Census Records - Illinois, 1920
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1396
Census Records - Illinois, 1920
I'm looking to find/search the Census Records from Illinois in 1920, does anyone here have access to them or a way to search through them online, without ordering Microfilm copies from NARA??
My GGGF and GGGM lived in Streator, Illinois from about 1905 to 1920ish. I was provided a 1910 Census by a ...
My GGGF and GGGM lived in Streator, Illinois from about 1905 to 1920ish. I was provided a 1910 Census by a ...
- 28 Nov 2017, 20:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3814
Re: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
Thanks MarkStudios!
I'll go back and look through some of the Declaration of Intent for Streator, IL and Westchester, NY and see if anything comes up.
If you don't mind me asking, what is an AR-2?
I'll go back and look through some of the Declaration of Intent for Streator, IL and Westchester, NY and see if anything comes up.
If you don't mind me asking, what is an AR-2?
- 27 Nov 2017, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3814
Re: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
Thanks for the response, to answer your questions:
Calagera never Naturalized so there isn't any documentation.
I haven't found any Census records between 1910 and 1940 with Alberto's information, and no luck finding a WWI draft card either. He seems to have disappeared, or have gone to jail ...
Calagera never Naturalized so there isn't any documentation.
I haven't found any Census records between 1910 and 1940 with Alberto's information, and no luck finding a WWI draft card either. He seems to have disappeared, or have gone to jail ...
- 26 Nov 2017, 02:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3814
Death Certificate vs. NARA and USCIS Letters
I'm finishing gathering all the necessary paperwork for my Dual-Citizenship Application but I have some questions regarding proof of (or lack there of) U.S. Citizenship.
My GGGF Alberto Ganci immigrated from Italy, through Ellis Island (around 1905), eventually living in Streator, IL. His wife ...
My GGGF Alberto Ganci immigrated from Italy, through Ellis Island (around 1905), eventually living in Streator, IL. His wife ...
- 26 Sep 2017, 18:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Locating New York State Death Record - 1940s-50s
- Replies: 1
- Views: 844
Locating New York State Death Record - 1940s-50s
Thanks to all of the help of this forum, I have located a ton of documents related to my families history. Now, I've come to pretty much the last document I need to obtain, my GGGF's Death Certificate most likely in NY State.
Alberto Ganci was born in Sicily, emigrated to Streator, IL as Albert ...
Alberto Ganci was born in Sicily, emigrated to Streator, IL as Albert ...
- 24 Sep 2017, 18:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
- Replies: 36
- Views: 9018
Re: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
Thanks Biff!
Anyone know how to search NY Death records for an Albert/Alberto Ange/Angie/Ganci/Gangi sometime in the 40s??
Anyone know how to search NY Death records for an Albert/Alberto Ange/Angie/Ganci/Gangi sometime in the 40s??
- 23 Sep 2017, 16:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
- Replies: 36
- Views: 9018
Re: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
Great updates! I spoke briefly with my grandfather (Frank Ange's son, and Alberto's Grandson) and here's what he said:
"I understood from my mom (Laura Sanclimenti Ange) that Calagera went to live with Aunt Mary, my dad’s (Frank Ange) sister, in Cleveland Ohio in the 50’s after her husband (Giorlano ...
"I understood from my mom (Laura Sanclimenti Ange) that Calagera went to live with Aunt Mary, my dad’s (Frank Ange) sister, in Cleveland Ohio in the 50’s after her husband (Giorlano ...
- 22 Sep 2017, 22:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
- Replies: 36
- Views: 9018
Re: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
Just as a brief example
Frank Guzzo shows he had 6 children: Louis (1903), Albert(1908), Elizabeth(1910), Teresa(1914), Rose (1915), and Anna (1927).
On a 1925 and on a 1930 Federal Census it shows Frank and his wife Catherine/Catherina, plus all the kids. This doesn't line up with Calagera's ...
Frank Guzzo shows he had 6 children: Louis (1903), Albert(1908), Elizabeth(1910), Teresa(1914), Rose (1915), and Anna (1927).
On a 1925 and on a 1930 Federal Census it shows Frank and his wife Catherine/Catherina, plus all the kids. This doesn't line up with Calagera's ...
- 22 Sep 2017, 22:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
- Replies: 36
- Views: 9018
Re: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
Biff,
Good point. I'll double check with my mom and i'll post the info I got from Ancestry.
Good point. I'll double check with my mom and i'll post the info I got from Ancestry.
- 22 Sep 2017, 21:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
- Replies: 36
- Views: 9018
Re: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
Just did some quick digging on this Clara Guzzo and the trees I was getting on Ancestry did not match Calagera, including birth dates of "Clara's" children and Naturalization of Clara's husband Frank, so I don't believe this Clara Guzzo is Calagera.
Back to the drawing board on finding the Deaths ...
Back to the drawing board on finding the Deaths ...
- 22 Sep 2017, 21:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
- Replies: 36
- Views: 9018
Re: Need Help Figuring Out Next Steps - Ange/Ferrera/Montalbano
Oh you're right, I thought I had the wrong date! Well, guess its time to start searching the Guzzo family now!