Search found 203 matches
- 22 Jan 2022, 04:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Translation of Torre Del Greco records 1902
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1863
Re: Help with Translation of Torre Del Greco records 1902
Just checking this, thanks for your help Arturo!
- 17 Feb 2021, 03:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian name change document
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1561
Italian name change document
My cousin shared with me the name change document for our Vitelli family members from 1909. I believe I got it translated pretty well, and see that it refers to the requester Francesco Saverio Vitiello, and his 9 siblings, Maria Francesca, Crescenzo, Giuseppe, Anna, Enrico, Elisa, Raffaele, Vincenzo ...
- 15 Feb 2021, 13:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1503
Re: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
Grazie Luigi
I did find that article online, and translated it into English but it wasn’t really informative regarding my specific family line. I was trying to see if there were any other resources to further verify or deny the information.
I did find that article online, and translated it into English but it wasn’t really informative regarding my specific family line. I was trying to see if there were any other resources to further verify or deny the information.
- 15 Feb 2021, 04:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1503
Spena o De Spenis family of Naples
I recently learned that my great grandmother Raffaela Ferro, was the daughter of Francesco Ferro and Giovanna Spena from Frattamaggiore, Italy. Giovanna is the daughter of Don Giuseppe Spena with direct descedents of the Counts Giovanni, Antnio and Matteo Spena of Naples.
I wonder if any of the ...
I wonder if any of the ...
- 12 Feb 2021, 22:24
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
What years are the indexes in? Are they in the back of the book?
- 12 Feb 2021, 12:26
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
- 12 Feb 2021, 12:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
And yes you are right that Francesco did well for himself in hemp rope making. I believe that is how my Rafaela met my GGgrandfather Leonardo Mazza. He was a coralline in Torre Del Greco and Francesco sold lots of ropes to the corraline and fisherman in the Amalfi coast.
- 12 Feb 2021, 12:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
Raffaela had two older known sons before my great uncle Crescenzo was born in 1874. So my guess was she was married around 1870. Her birth year would be around 1845-1850?
- 12 Feb 2021, 07:16
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
The record you posted for Florinte Ferro, would be my Great grandmother' brother. His name was Florindo Ferro and his birth date according to info I have read was 17 Sept 1853. I cant make out the date, but I do see that the month of birth was September. His parents were Francesco Ferro and Giovanna ...
- 12 Feb 2021, 06:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
Re: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
Thanks so much Pippo.
I am doing okay, how are you and the family? Everyone staying healthy from the covid?
I am doing okay, how are you and the family? Everyone staying healthy from the covid?
- 10 Feb 2021, 23:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
- Replies: 11
- Views: 7604
Frattamaggiore, Napoli, Italy
I have been trying to find info on my GGGma, Rafaela Ferro who married Leonardo Mazza from Torre Del Greco. I know they lived in TG, but it was just discovered that Rafaela Ferro may been the sister to Florindo Ferro b 1853 - d 1925, a physician from Frattamaggiore. This seems likely, since my GGpa ...
- 04 Sep 2020, 23:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with death record
- Replies: 22
- Views: 5746
Re: help with death record
Yes THat is better Thank YOU 
- 04 Sep 2020, 21:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with death record
- Replies: 22
- Views: 5746
Re: help with death record
OK, I have Seen some of the indexes but I didn't know if there was a way to jump right to it without going page by page. It sounds like that is not an option....
- 04 Sep 2020, 19:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with death record
- Replies: 22
- Views: 5746
Re: help with death record
you see “e minuti cinque di ieri, nella casa posta in”
Ahh now I see it! Graci!
Ahh now I see it! Graci!
- 04 Sep 2020, 19:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with death record
- Replies: 22
- Views: 5746
Re: help with death record
And yes I do go through part two, although they are the harder records to read