Search found 12 matches
- 06 Jul 2020, 20:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question about Austrian records in north Italy
- Replies: 0
- Views: 832
Question about Austrian records in north Italy
I'm curious if anyone's had any luck searching through the Austrian records that are on FamilySearch for some of the places in northern Italy before the unification. I'm assuming those are simply for the Austrian military personnel and their families, and wouldn't have any Italian citizens in there ...
- 22 Jun 2020, 21:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Suggestions to get past road block?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1034
Re: Suggestions to get past road block?
I have! I’ve found a couple of people who are related to me on a different part of my Italian family, but no one (yet) from the Sedico branch. 99% of the matches are from the other side of my family, the Eastern European Jewish side.
- 15 Jun 2020, 17:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Suggestions to get past road block?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1034
Suggestions to get past road block?
I've hit a major wall in my research. I'm looking for records of my 4th-great-grandparents, Felitica Schiocchet and Antonio De Nard. It appears that they were born in sometime in the 1790's, had their first child in 1820 or so, and died before 1871 in Sedico (Belluno) since one of their children ...
- 23 May 2020, 22:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating marriage documents
- Replies: 3
- Views: 801
Re: Help translating marriage documents
Thanks Tessa! That answers some questions, because I've definitely come across some of the children from this marriage that had the same mother but different fathers, and I was really confused.
- 23 May 2020, 21:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating marriage documents
- Replies: 3
- Views: 801
Help translating marriage documents
Hi,
Can someone decipher the image below? It's a paragraph dictating what documents were presented for a marriage between Domenico De Nard and Teresa Tormen. The link to the original is here on Ancestry: https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/1896/31519_A578833-00000?backurl=&ssrc=&backlabel=Return ...
Can someone decipher the image below? It's a paragraph dictating what documents were presented for a marriage between Domenico De Nard and Teresa Tormen. The link to the original is here on Ancestry: https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/1896/31519_A578833-00000?backurl=&ssrc=&backlabel=Return ...
- 20 May 2020, 15:26
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Vittorio Veneto
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1897
Vittorio Veneto
Anyone have leads on any records from Vittorio Veneto, specifically during the Napoleonic era (1806-1815)? I've been able to find the records from 1871 onward but need to find a relative from earlier, and the records don't seem to be on the Antenati portal.
- 08 May 2020, 23:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Relatives in Sedico, Belluno
- Replies: 1
- Views: 650
Re: Relatives in Sedico, Belluno
Bumping this - any leads would be amazing! I've officially hit a brick wall.
- 06 May 2020, 23:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Please help! Birth location needed
- Replies: 1
- Views: 583
Please help! Birth location needed
Can anyone help me with the birth location in this record? (It's a marriage record from 1810, which is why the format is strange and basically non-existent). It starts in the middle of the 3rd line, what looks like "Baldeniga" but I can't find anything even remotely similar to that in Italy. Thanks ...
- 05 May 2020, 15:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giacoma Calati, Valeggio sul Mincio
- Replies: 2
- Views: 791
Re: Giacoma Calati, Valeggio sul Mincio
Thanks! I did see that, so I'm guessing she's born sometime in the fall, but can't confirm.
I'm pretty sure she married in Fonte, Treviso, but the marriage records aren't online anywhere. I'll see if I can hunt down those marriage records somewhere, otherwise I'll write Valeggio. Thank you
I'm pretty sure she married in Fonte, Treviso, but the marriage records aren't online anywhere. I'll see if I can hunt down those marriage records somewhere, otherwise I'll write Valeggio. Thank you
- 05 May 2020, 04:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giacoma Calati, Valeggio sul Mincio
- Replies: 2
- Views: 791
Giacoma Calati, Valeggio sul Mincio
I'm looking for any record of Giacoma Calati, born in 1894 in Valeggio sul Mincio, Verona. I found a bunch of records on the Antenati Portal from Valeggio, but the birth records for 1894 are missing. Her death record from Fonte in Treviso has her parents both listed as "unknown", and there were no ...
- 05 May 2020, 04:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Relatives in Sedico, Belluno
- Replies: 1
- Views: 650
Relatives in Sedico, Belluno
Hi there! I'm chugging away at my family tree on Ancestry.com, and have been scouring the images for civil records there and on FamilySearch. The part of my family I'm researching right now is from Sedico, in Belluno.
I've hit a dead end with my 4th-great-grandparents, who I believe were born ...
I've hit a dead end with my 4th-great-grandparents, who I believe were born ...
- 17 Jan 2020, 17:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with the script in a birth record?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 656
Help with the script in a birth record?
Hi,
I could use some help translating the document attached for my great-grandfather, Giovanni Antonio Conte. Specifically I'd love to figure out who his parents are and how old, if it's mentioned. Also if someone could decipher the marriage announcement on the side, I believe his wife's name was ...
I could use some help translating the document attached for my great-grandfather, Giovanni Antonio Conte. Specifically I'd love to figure out who his parents are and how old, if it's mentioned. Also if someone could decipher the marriage announcement on the side, I believe his wife's name was ...