Search found 21 matches
- 06 Mar 2021, 02:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records of arrivals in Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2939
Re: Records of arrivals in Italy
I have a death certificate for Maria - she was in a mental hospital when she died and had been there for around 40 years. Lorenzo changed his name to Larry Colby and died in the 80’s I think. I don’t have his death certificate but I do have a family tree back to his grandparents. Were you thinking ...
- 05 Mar 2021, 15:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records of arrivals in Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2939
Re: Records of arrivals in Italy
Tessa78 I do have those records, and I also thought he may have traveled to Ripi with his sister and family (my grandparents). Unfortunately there are no Ripi records available on line. My cousin had hired a genealogist to look for him there, but nothing was found. Not sure how extensively the ...
- 05 Mar 2021, 15:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records of arrivals in Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2939
Re: Records of arrivals in Italy
I think I checked the post-1920 Ragusa records a couple of years back, but I’m going to go through them again. I have his birth record and there are no notes on it.
- 04 Mar 2021, 15:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records of arrivals in Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2939
Re: Records of arrivals in Italy
Thank you for your reply - the link you sent was my original post, and as you can see I am still stuck! I was hoping for information about arrivals in Italy in the early/mid 1920’s. Probably should have made that more clear in my query!
- 02 Mar 2021, 05:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records of arrivals in Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2939
Records of arrivals in Italy
I’m trying to find out if my great-uncle, originally from Ragusa, Sicily, who migrated to NY in 1913, returned to Italy some time after 1920. No record of him in the US after that year. Name Emanuele Naviglia or Naviglio, also went by first name Giorge. DOB 16 June 1892.
- 23 Feb 2019, 00:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1491
Re: Birth record translation
Thank you so much! Do you have any idea why they would have given her the surname Asturia? I literally have found no other records with that surname, other than my great grandmother. 1894 was the year my great grandfather died - his surname was Naviglio, and he and my great grandmother had four ...
- 21 Feb 2019, 22:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Birth record translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1491
Birth record translation
Any help translating this birth record for Bernadine Asturia would be appreciated. I believe she was given up by her mother/parents, probably to a church, but I can’t figure out where they got the surname Asturia, which was my great grandmother’s name and is very uncommon in Italy - in fact, I have ...
- 26 Jun 2018, 22:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1666
Re: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
Tessa78, one other question - is Caterina’s maiden name De Licini, or Noble? Is Ginami a family name? And is Caterina’s age given? Thanks!
- 26 Jun 2018, 22:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1666
Re: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
That is so helpful! Thank you so much!
- 26 Jun 2018, 22:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: How to format an email requesting birth record from Ripi, Frosinone.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1144
How to format an email requesting birth record from Ripi, Frosinone.
It appears that records from 19th & 20th century Frosinone are available if an email request is sent, but not being an Italian speaker or writer, I don’t know how to format and translate such a request. Is there a template available where I just have to fill in the pertinent information? If not ...
- 25 Jun 2018, 18:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1666
Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
I’m really having difficulty understanding the writing, as well as the mother’s name, which appears to be more than one name??? I tried putting this into a translator, but apparently I am not getting the words correctly. Can’t even figure out the date of birth! Link to the record (Crescenzi, the ...
- 04 Jun 2018, 21:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crescenzi family from Ripi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3214
Re: Crescenzi family from Ripi
Ann, Thank you for your response and the information about Ripi. I looked at the photos on your site but none of then are labeled as being in Ripi - is there some other name for the area? I would so love to see photos of Ripi! The photos you have are wonderful - such a sense of antiquity in those ...
- 03 Jun 2018, 04:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Asturia from Ragusa Inferiore
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2467
Re: Asturia from Ragusa Inferiore
Concetta’s death certificate lists her parents as Giovanni Asturia and Maria Campo.
- 02 Jun 2018, 19:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Asturia from Ragusa Inferiore
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2467
Re: Asturia from Ragusa Inferiore
I have the ship manifest from March 1914 showing Concetta Asturia arriving in NY with her daughter Maria Naviglio (my grandmother).
https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger-details/czoxMjoiMTA0OTMwMDEwMTIzIjs=/czo4OiJtYW5pZmVzdCI7
I also have Maria’s birth record showing Concetta Asturia ...
https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger-details/czoxMjoiMTA0OTMwMDEwMTIzIjs=/czo4OiJtYW5pZmVzdCI7
I also have Maria’s birth record showing Concetta Asturia ...
- 01 Jun 2018, 19:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Asturia from Ragusa Inferiore
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2467
Re: Asturia from Ragusa Inferiore
I think that link shows Concetta Antoci, not Asturia, so no, it’s not the right person. Close, but no cigar!