Thank you for your reply and advice. I was unable to locate the book but I did attempt to contact the author. Have a good day.
Kind regards,
Ellen
Search found 28 matches
- 24 Mar 2022, 17:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lucca, Italy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 585
- 23 Mar 2022, 19:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lucca, Italy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 585
Lucca, Italy
Hello all,
I'm seeking advice on how I might obtain information regarding my 12th great-grandfather born in Lucca. It is the farthest back in time I have ever gotten on my genealogy research and he is probably the only "famous" ancestor I have found. Since he might be considered a famous son of ...
I'm seeking advice on how I might obtain information regarding my 12th great-grandfather born in Lucca. It is the farthest back in time I have ever gotten on my genealogy research and he is probably the only "famous" ancestor I have found. Since he might be considered a famous son of ...
- 20 May 2020, 21:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Partial Marriage Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1025
Re: Partial Marriage Translation
Ugo,
I do believe that this record is in connection with the sister of my 3rd great-grandmother. That is how I am going to proceed at this time. Many thanks to you!
Ellen
I do believe that this record is in connection with the sister of my 3rd great-grandmother. That is how I am going to proceed at this time. Many thanks to you!
Ellen
- 20 May 2020, 19:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Partial Marriage Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1025
Re: Partial Marriage Translation
Thank you, Ugo. I tried sending you a Private Message, but I am not sure it went through.
Regards,
Ellen
Regards,
Ellen
- 20 May 2020, 15:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Partial Marriage Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1025
Partial Marriage Translation
I am trying to figure out the details of my 3rd great-grandparents from Procida. He is Pietro Paolo MASSA and had the profession of "marinaro." I wondered if he died at sea. He married Maria MAZZELLA JANNUZZO in 1843.
But I find a marriage in 1852 in Procida between Maria MAZZELLA JANNUZZO and ...
But I find a marriage in 1852 in Procida between Maria MAZZELLA JANNUZZO and ...
- 20 May 2020, 13:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death of Pietro Massa, Castaway/Shipwrecked
- Replies: 2
- Views: 917
Re: Death of Pietro Massa, Castaway/Shipwrecked
Thanks very much for your reply and the geographical information!
- 19 May 2020, 19:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death of Pietro Massa, Castaway/Shipwrecked
- Replies: 2
- Views: 917
Death of Pietro Massa, Castaway/Shipwrecked
I wonder if someone can help translating this portion of a death record. I can not link directly to the document so I am attaching a picture of a portion of the document. Thank you for any help.
Regards,
Ellen
Regards,
Ellen
- 16 Apr 2020, 22:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1985
Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
Thank you so much for providing these links to their deaths - it was kind of you to take the time. I'm not quite sure how I missed this, but I DID miss it - I appreciate you setting me straight. This was exactly some of the information I was looking for!
Kind regards,
Ellen
Kind regards,
Ellen
- 16 Apr 2020, 18:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1985
Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
Thank you, yes, I have the death dates for the parents of the married couple. I am trying to find birth and death dates for the married couple, themselves: Vito Antonio FORGIONE and Carmela LAUDISI.
- 14 Apr 2020, 19:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1985
Re: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
Thank you for this advice (which I think may help me in other places in my research). In this case, I do not see PROCESSETTI records for 1830 Rocca San Felice on the Antenati website. Please let me know if I am wrong or if the PROCESSETTI can be found somewhere else.
Thank you,
Ellen
Thank you,
Ellen
- 14 Apr 2020, 15:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1985
ROCCA SAN FELICE Ancestors
I am wondering if anyone has experience or advice in finding records from Rocca San Felice, Avellino. I think I got as far as I could using records I could decipher from Antenati. I am searching for birth and death information on my 3rd GGP:
Vito Antonio FORGIONE - - born ~ 1802 and died after 1868 ...
Vito Antonio FORGIONE - - born ~ 1802 and died after 1868 ...
- 03 Mar 2020, 22:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Name of Mother of Deceased?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 954
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
Sorry I forgot to link to the Antenati pages. Thanks for the reminder and your time!
Ellen
Ellen
- 03 Mar 2020, 21:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Name of Mother of Deceased?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 954
Re: Name of Mother of Deceased?
Thanks very much - that is a surname I have not seen before!
Ellen
Ellen
- 03 Mar 2020, 21:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Name of Mother of Deceased?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 954
Name of Mother of Deceased?
I believe I found the death record of my 3rd great-grandfather: Gennaro MARRA from 1829. I wonder if anyone here can help decipher the surname of his mother. I am attaching both the death record and the entry from the index.
Also, I am used to seeing the name of the spouse on the death records but ...
Also, I am used to seeing the name of the spouse on the death records but ...
- 11 Feb 2020, 17:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: 1887 Birth of Chiara Scotto di Perta
- Replies: 2
- Views: 875
Re: 1887 Birth of Chiara Scotto di Perta
Thank you very much for your reply and taking the time to help me!